The coronavirus pandemic has impacted the lives of people severely as almost everything has come to a standstill. There are over five thousand COVID-19 cases in Australia and 166 are in the Gold Coast. But, the good news is there aren’t reports of community transmission and the government hasn’t restricted all activities.
Therefore, if you are considering buying a new home and moving during this pandemic, it is manageable. Want to know some tips on how to do both? Here is a complete guide by real estate industry experts and professional removalists in Gold Coast.
Buying a new home during a pandemic
It is a misconception that during the pandemic purchasing a new home will not be possible. On the contrary, purchasing a new house or unit will be more economical, considering the outbreak will affect the prices and most probably bring them down.
To property hunt, you don’t have to do it offline because in this digital time there are numerous real estate portals where you can check what houses or apartments are still up for sale. Searching for property online during a pandemic is wise as there will not be unnecessary contact and visitations for only shortlisted properties can be managed. The need to visit ten new units and selecting a few is eliminated during an online search.
But, do remember to take professional assistance while hunting properties online. And, make sure to take a professional along to inspect the structure thoroughly and accurately once there are a few properties of interest. Having a reliable and experienced realtor to guide is essential when buying a new home during tough times like the COVID-19 outbreak.
Expert realtors say being proactive during a pandemic is the key to getting a suitable property at reasonable prices and completing all the formalities. Also, don’t be disheartened if the property you were excited about has become off the market. There will be plenty of properties available for purchasing, and it would be prudent to look at them to find your new home.
Moving to a new home during a pandemic
Once you have completed formalities for your new home, signed the papers, and gotten the keys, the next step is occupation. Moving under normal circumstances is stressful making shifting to a new home during a pandemic more challenging. However, with these tips by professional removalists in Gold Coast, you can make the process less stressful and safe.
1. Don’t get used packing boxes and supplies from stores or people as a precautionary method. According to professional removalists in Gold Coast, it is best to purchase new boxes and supplies for packing during a pandemic. This step will help avoid using items that may be contaminated. Once you have the supplies, make sure to disinfect them before using.
2. Only hire a reputed removals company in Gold Coast that has experienced removalists who know what safety precautions to take while moving items during a disease outbreak. Before booking, ask about the company’s policies on refund, rescheduling, and cancellation in the wake of the Coronavirus pandemic. Also, request them to email their safety policies and measures during this time.
3. On the day the removalists arrive, ensure they wash their hands thoroughly and wear essential safety gears. Maintain a distance of at least 1-2 meters and have no physical contact with them. If you have kids or pets, it would be wise to send them to a trusted relative’s or friend’s place when the packing and moving process is underway accoding to professional removalists in Gold Coast.
4. You have to ensure the following things before moving into your new home.
• If the home was tenanted, was the end of tenancy cleaning performed by professional end of lease cleaners
in Gold Coast?
• In case the house was not occupied by anyone, did the seller get it purged professionally?
• If the home is newly constructed and you have to move in then make sure you take professional assistance to get
the property cleaned thoroughly. Only hire cleaners with experience and who follow safety precautions required
during a pandemic while doing their jobs.
5. Professional removalists in Gold Coast say to disinfect your belongings when they reach the new home and ensure they are not touched for at least two-three days. Being cautious during a pandemic is justified, and you need to ensure the safety of your family and yourself when moving.
6. In addition to all these measures keep washing your hands frequently during the moving process and maintain optimum hygiene. Professional removalists in Gold Coast advice to encourage others around you to maintain personal hygiene and distance from others.
The Bottom Line
Buying a new home and moving during a pandemic may seem daunting, but with these expert tips by professional realtors and removalists in Gold Coast, you can make the processes less challenging. Therefore, make a move now if you are ready to get your dream abode.
GET YOUR FREE QUOTE