The moving procedure is not only challenging physically and mentally but also financially. That is why experts recommend setting aside a budget for the move. However, people often overlook the significance of a budget as they feel it is a time-consuming task. They fail to understand that not being ready with a budget can cost them a considerable amount of money in the long-run.
Whether you hire professional removalists in Gold Coast or relocate on your own, creating a budget for the move is essential. Here is a guide that will help you to understand the steps for creating a moving budget. Moreover, it will also help you to calculate the approximate amount you will spend in moving from your old house to the new one.
Let’s have a look.
If you are looking for the easiest way to create a budget template, then go for some basic software programs like Microsoft Word or Excel. People usually prefer to use Excel because it lets you use all the formulas, which makes calculations extremely easy. This is one of the best ways to keep a close eye on your estimated moving budget-from the start to the end of your journey.
However, if you want something more portable or do not use computers, then purchase a bookkeeper’s record book from a nearby store. And do not forget to keep a good calculator handy.
If you are opting for a removals company in Gold Coast, there are few expenses that you should include in your moving budget.
• Consider the fee of the moving company, which includes labour and fuel charges. Get quotes from a couple of competitors and add the highest amount in the budget.
• You should also consider additional insurance for the safety of your belongings.
• Discuss the terms with your service provider and add some amount for extra work like preparation of major appliances, moving a piano or something similar.
• You might have to pay some extra charges while moving, but that depends on the distance. Add flight charge, long carry charges, long haul charges, charges for shuttle service in your budget.
• Are you packing on your own or need some help? This is an optional service, but if you opt for a helping hand, there is an additional fee.
Professionally trained people know the right methods of wrapping all types of household belongings- from fragile items to heavy furniture. They will give you the highest quality of packing service. So, you can create a rough budget if you want to avail professional packing from your removals company.
You don’t get any respite if you are not using professionals and moving on your own. There are a few charges for the forgotten aspects of moving that you should include in your budget. They are as follows:
• Add a truck rental charge in the budget that varies as per the size and whether you are using it for one way or return.
• Find out the total cost of fuel that you will require to cover the distance.
• You should contact the credit card companies and ask them if you are covered under their service that can save a lot of money. In case you are not covered, include an insurance fee in the budget.
• You might need to use equipment like loading ramp, a dolly, furniture covers, mattress and so on. But before you add the expense, consult your removalists in Gold Coast and see if these things are included in their fee.
• Also, add some amount in the budget for emergencies. For instance, if the price of the gas increases, you have to make more stops, and so on.
If you are moving to a new house on the Gold Coast, then you need to add a couple of expenses in your budget. They are as follows:
• If you are driving your car along with the moving truck, then you need to add some amount for fuel and maintenance.
• You should also consider your lodging expense in the budget. Calculate the number of nights and tariff of the room.
• Let’s not forget about the meals. Add the average cost per meal per person and also include snacks and drinks.
• You may require some temporary shelter at your new location until your home is not entirely ready. And for that, you need to pay a decent amount.
It can be challenging to estimate the expense of packing because you don’t know how much material you will require. But it is a good idea to add more amount than what you have calculated.
• Consider the prices of all the moving boxes you will require for the moving process.
• You will also require the bubble wrap or newspapers to protect breakable items in your home.
• To make sure that the boxes are properly sealed, you will require packing tape. Do not forget about the labels or colours to mark the moving boxes.
• If you are hiring removalists in Gold Coast, they provide all these materials with the service. So, discuss with them first.
• You might require storage space during the move. So contact a couple of storage companies and add the highest quote in your budget.
If you are moving across the city, then do thorough research and find the company which can offer you the best storage option at a reasonable price.
Whether you are selling your house for a bigger house or moving out of a rental property, there is always some expense that you should consider. They are as follows:
• If you are selling the house, keep in mind that you need to pay a commission fee to the agent or broker.
• There are also many additional expenses, such as title fees, inspection, lawyer fees, etc.
• If you are moving out of a rental property, you need to contact a bond cleaning company in Gold Coast to ensure thorough cleaning of the property. They charge as per the area of the property.
• There are numerous factors like irregular payments, substandard cleaning, and any damage in the property that allow the property manager to deduct your bond money.
The best thing you can do is to hire a professionally-trained end of lease cleaners in Gold Coast who can give you quality cleaning service before the final inspection. They are best known for cleaning the rental premises from top to bottom- leaving no signs of stains, dirt, and grime behind.
This list of expenses mentioned above will help you to figure out the total cost you should add in your moving budget. Now that you have created a moving budget, you need to look out for ways during your move that can save as much money as possible. Creating a budget for moving is a difficult task, but with these guidelines, things can become a lot easier and organised.
GET YOUR FREE QUOTE