Moving is considered a nerve-wracking process because you have to deal with several tasks simultaneously. These tasks include packing the belongings, hiring professional removalists in Gold Coast, transferring utilities, changing address, etc.
When you try to carry out the entire process without any planning, you overlook a few important responsibilities, leading to chaos on the moving day. Therefore, you must prepare a perfect plan and focus on every minute detail.
Make a list of all the tasks that need to be done and execute them at the right time. There are a few things that you must do at the beginning of the process, while there are also some tasks you need to do on the last day. So, you should know about the tasks and the right time to execute them. Then only you will be able to relocate in a stress-free and hassle-free manner.
Read on to know about the essential moving timeline for a successful move.
It is essential to begin your planning as soon as possible in order to complete the relocation without any hassles. Ideally, you should start your preparation two months before the relocation day and focus on tasks that will lay the foundation of your relocation process.
• It is the right time to decide whether you want to follow a DIY move or hire professional removalists Gold Coast, Queensland.
• If you are relocating with your children, make sure you have a word with them and make sure they are okay.
• Prepare a detailed budget so you can keep track of all the costs related to the relocation.
• It is important to get rid of unwanted things before relocating to the new house. So it is the right time to begin sorting your belongings.
• If you have decided to hire professionals, begin searching for reliable Gold Coast removalists. So, you should know the important questions to ask your removalists up front.
Once you are done with the planning and research part, it is time to start your preparations. In this particular phase, you will carry out the most important tasks that will directly impact your relocation day.
• After you have completed your research, book the service of a reputable moving company in Gold Coast, QLD, for the relocation day.
• Organise a garage sale so that you can sell your unwanted items.
• Make an inventory list, so you can keep track of everything that you are moving to the new house.
• Before you begin packing, make sure you have all of your boxes and packing materials as well as tools.
• Packing fragile objects takes more time and care. So, it is the right time to start packing them.
It is undoubtedly the most crucial stage of the relocation procedure. During this period, you have to perform some crucial tasks, but more importantly, you need to make sure that you are on the right track.
• If you are moving on your own, start packing your belongings.
• Visit your new house with your family and explore the surroundings before relocating permanently.
• Have a word with your children to see that they are doing well.
• It is the right time to let your friends and family know that you are moving. Let them know if you need their help.
• You should also forward your address change and utility transfer requests.
• Collect all the essential documents, whether it is the school certificates of the kids or your doctor’s prescriptions.
Most of your tasks should be complete at this point. All you have to do now is double-check that you are moving ahead as per the plan.
• Remind the seasoned Gold Coast removalists of the upcoming relocation.
• Also, receive an update on utility transfers so you know you will have everything you need before moving in.
• Before you leave, make sure the rented property is clean. It will help you to get back the security deposit.
When you are only one day away from your relocation day, you need to focus on the tasks that will help you to wrap up the packing process and make sure that you are all set to relocate.
• To avoid any confusion, you must double-check your inventory list.
• You must have packed all of the boxes, so it is time to put labels on them.
• Pack your essential box that must have things like medicines, toothbrushes, paper towels, chargers, toiletries, and other things.
• It is time to defrost and pack the refrigerator and properly.
It is the most important and stressful day of the entire relocation process. So it is advisable to follow a moving day checklist so you can survive the big day.